Target Talent Program (TTP)
The Target Talent Program (TTP) is funded and directed by Athletics Australia, via Athletics ACT. TTP is the early identification element of Athletics Australia's High Performance Department.
The aim of this program is to encourage and develop the best young athletes around the country, by providing them with an opportunity to train with other talented athletes, learn from professionals and to interact with their personal coach and other TTP personal coaches in a training environment.
By identifying and engaging ACT’s best junior athletes and coaches through development and education opportunities, the TTP aims to encourage athletes and coaches to achieve their potential and strive to represent the ACT and Australia at youth, junior and senior levels.
The purpose of the TTP is to:
- Be the early identification element of the ACT performance pathway
- Suppor the development of a broad base of coachs with the knowledge to optimally develop promising athletes on the pathway to elite performance
- Ensuring that a broad base of athletes exhibiting considerable potential to deliver international success are adequantely supported in their development
- Providing an integrated able bodied and para program
- Develop a national testing framework in which the collected data may assist in future Talent Identification initiatives, and can be used to assist in the development of athletes towards their potential
- Motivate and improve the best young athletes in each State through coach led training and education sessions by inviting them to be part of a State level development squad.
The ACT TTP program will run from June to December 2022 with both face-to-face and online components.
Through the engagement of coaching experts, the ACT TTP is the early identification element of Athletics ACT’s performance pathway and aims to build upon your current skills and aid in your continued pursuit of success in both sport and life, and works in conjunction with the the Emerging Athlete Program (EAP) which is the state-based athlete development program delivered by Athletisc ACT in our OneAthletics approach to athlete development in the ACT.
For further information around the TTP, or any of the programs within the ACT OneAthletics athlete development pathway, please contact Matt Wecker via firstname.lastname@example.org