The officials hub is the one-stop shop for all information relating to officials.
Nomination portals for our events will be collected through a microsoft form, and will be live to nominate each month.
- Summer Series No. 1 - AIS - Saturday 14th October
- Summer Series No. 2 - AIS - Saturday 21st October
- Summer Series No. 3 - AIS - Saturday 28th October
November Events: NOMINATIONS NOW OPEN
- Summer Series No. 4 - Woden - Saturday 4th November
- Summer Series No. 5 - Woden - Saturday 11th November (Includes ACT 10000m Championships)
- ACT Relay Carnival - Woden - Sunday 19th November
- Summer Series No. 6 - Woden - Saturday 25th November (Includes ACT 3000m Championsips)
December Events: NOMINATIONS OPENING SOON
- ACT Club/Centre Challenge - Woden - Saturday 2nd December
- ACT Combined Event Championships - Woden - 16th & 17th December
January Events: NOMINATIONS OPENING SOON
- Summer Series No. 7 (Field Only) - Woden - Sunday 7th January
- Summer Series No. 8 (Twilight) - Woden - Friday 12th January (Includes ACT 1 Mile Championships)
- RunACT Road Races - Stromlo - Saturday 20th January
- ACT Open & U20 Championships - AIS - 26th to 28th January
February Events: NOMINATIONS OPENING SOON
- Summer Series No. 9 - Woden - Saturday 10th February
- ACT Little A's U6-U8 Teams Challenge - Chapman Oval - Sunday 11th February
- ACT Junior (U14-U18) Championships - AIS - 16th to 18th February
March Events: NOMINATIONS OPENING SOON
- Summer Series No. 10 - AIS - Saturday 2nd March (Includes ACT 5000m Championships)
- Summer Series No. 11 - AIS - Saturday 9th March
- ACT Little A's U9-U13 Championships - Woden - 16th & 17th March
- Summer Series No. 12 (Twilight)- AIS - Wednesday 20th March
If you have any questions please contact Kiarna at firstname.lastname@example.org
Capital Athletics are asking that all qualified Technical Officials, intending on officiating for the 2023/24 season, register using this portal. This process is FREE, and just a formality so Capital Athletics have your information on record.
Please register if you have completed:
- the AAOES level 1 and above (or equivalent); OR
- Capital Athletics' Level B and above - this pathway is outlined here (available shortly)
- It is important that we have your information on record;
- To ensure you are covered by Capital Athletics' insurance; and
- So that Capital Athletics can communicate important information to you when applicable.
What do you need to do?
- Upload your certificates outlining that you are a qualified Technical Official;
- Upload your Working with Vulnerable People Card; and
- Confirm your date of birth,
You will find where to enter this information in the questions by registering using the link below.
REGISTER HERE as a Technical Officials for the 2023/24 Capital Athletics Season
If you have any questions about this, please email Kiarna at email@example.com
Officials and Volunteers who support Capital Athletics competitions are recognised through the Official & Volunteer of the Month award. The award recipient will be presented at High Noon/Summer Series competitions.
The following attributes are expected of the Official / Volunteer:
- Demonstrates a positive attitude towards officiating;
- Effective communication interacting well with other Officials, Volunteers, Athletes, Coaches and Spectators;
- Consistent delivery of a high quality of officiating and/or assistance;
- A ‘team player’ who adapts to changing circumstances;
- Leading by example not necessarily in a leadership role; and
- Proactive and takes initiative as and when required.
The following is the award selection process:
- Nominations for the award may be made by Capital Athletics Club/Centres, Committees, members and coaches.
- A call for nominations will be made using the Capital Athletics newsletter nominations closing 2 weeks prior to the nominated High Noon/Summer Series each month.
- Eligible nominations are to be submitted using the advertised form and are to include justification in accordance with the criteria.
- The JOC will review the nominations and the recipient of the award will be notified by email and appear in the Capital Athletics Newsletter and Social Media.
If you know an Official or Volunteer who you believe is a worthy recipient of this award please nominte via the nomination portal below.
To Nominate: CLICK HERE
To View Previous Recipient: CLICK HERE
If you have any questions regarding the nomination process please contact Kiarna at firstname.lastname@example.org
On this page you will find resources for officials to use and refer to during competition.
Please find these below:
- Athletics Australia Officials Resources
- World Athletics Rule Book
- World Para Athletics Rule Book
- Event Fact Sheets
- 2023/24 Capital Athletics Rules of Competition
- Capital Athletics Records
- Instructions for TS16 EDM